Saturday, January 1, 2011

Special Date Cancellation: 1.1.11



I wish all my readers a very and prosperous happy new year 2011. Also, today is a special day for philatelic collectors as well, for some of them at least.

Here is a interview of Mr. V.S. Yalvigi published in Rainbow Stamp Club monthly newsletter http://rainbowstampnews.blogspot.com/ . Apart from being a great philatelist, he is also a collector of special dates like 9.9.99, 10.10.10 etc.

Anyway, I asked some of my friends to send me some covers on this special day. I have created few Max cards on Children's day stamps today. I will post them as an when they are available for publication.

Here is cover posted on special cover my brother on 1-1-11, and it is received on another special date 11-1-11. Awesome, isnt it?


Till then, enjoy the first day of new year !!


-Ahmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment